Please forgive my tardiness!
I can't remember all the folks who wanted to join, so I invited a few that I could remember. Hopefully once I get Joanna as the admin, she can do some more invitations.
I hope that you've all been recovering well from the return back to America. I was fortunate enough to participate in a Vipassana retreat in the style of S.N. Goenka, and it was a profoundly powerful experience. It's a much different feel from the Vipassana that U Hla Myint had taught. And it was profoundly, profoundly healing. Apparently people with all kinds of physical, emotional, and psychosomatic illnesses can get a huge amount of relief from these retreats. But I also understand that if you just jump into one of the retreats with preparation, it can be confusing and difficult to fully pick it up. I was lucky enough to have a lot of experienced folks guiding me through it at the time, and who I can continue to talk with about it. If you're interested: http://dhamma.org
Gracious, I'm so exhausted! I've been far too busy. I'd love to write more, but I must rest.
I wish you all the best in your endeavors!
Love,
Ryan
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment